We seek to inspire, educate, activate and recruit citizens of Denver to elect Democratic candidates who support our core Democratic values and principles.
DPoD CORE PRINCIPLES
- Quality public education opportunities;
- Accessible health care;
- Individual liberty and equality;
- Civic, environmental and fiscal responsibility in domestic and international affairs;
- Job opportunities, worker rights and economic well-being for all workers.
DPoD CORE VALUES
- Integrity/Responsibility: We honor our core Democratic principles. We say what we do and we do what we say. We hold each other accountable for the results promised.
- Inclusion: We promote and encourage participation by all, especially those who might otherwise be discouraged, marginalized or excluded.
- Efficiency/Effectiveness: We work in a well-organized way and use cutting-edge ideas, methods and tools to produce results.
- Honor/Respect: We value and acknowledge each other as individuals contributing to the betterment of humankind and society. We treat each other with respect, dignity and appreciation.
- Freedom: We support the right of every individual to make their own moral and ethical choices.
- Security: We recognize the right of all individuals to live free from the threat of violence.
- Fairness/Justice: We act from standards of objectivity as we work toward a society that achieves an equitable balance of conflicting needs, demands and rights.
- Patriotism: We have a deep and abiding love for the United States of America.
THE DENVER YOUNG DEMOCRATS
The Denver Young Democrats (DYD) an independent arm of the DPoD, that engages young citizens to get involved in the Democratic Party. Sharing best best practices between the DPoD and DYD enables younger citizens to get involved early, have a voice and ultimately drive participation in the DPoD. You will often see DPoD and DYD working jointly on important events that appeal to Democrats of all ages.
Anyone can be a member of the DYD; however, once a DYD member is over age 36, we look forward to the member joining the DPoD.
Platform of The Democratic Party of Denver.pdf
(Adopted by the Party Assembly on March 26, 2017)